MA Comprehensive Exam
- Students must be enrolled or active in the university system at the time of taking the exam.
- All students must take the Applied Economic Theory comprehensive exam which covers microeconomics and macroeconomics after completing the micro and macro course work.
- Students are allowed two attempts to pass each exam. If a failing grade is received on the second attempt, the student will be terminated from the program.
- The comprehensive exam is graded on a pass/fail basis.
- Each comprehensive exam is closed-book, three hours in length and is offered twice yearly (August/January).
- The comprehensive exam will not be waived under any circumstances.
- Comprehensive or qualifying exams from other universities are not acceptable.
- Copies of past exams are available from the Economics Graduate Studies Office.
Please send your request for exceptions to our exam policy to email@example.com
Last updated: 06/03/15