March 12th, 2020 Advising Notice for Undergraduates
Advising update, March 12th, 2020: Effective Thursday, March 12th, the Economics department is temporarily suspending scheduled in-person student academic advising. Students will be notified when scheduled in-person advising resumes. At this time, ALL student advising will be conducted by email, there will be no scheduled in-person advising. Do not use the campus advising scheduler to schedule advising appointments.
With summer and fall registration time ticket dates approaching on the Registrar calendar, we understand the increased need for advising. Please follow the instructions below for advising by email. All advising will be conducted by email, with Skype or phone calls on a case-by-case basis.
To request advising support, email email@example.com, an ECON advisor will respond to your advising needs. Emails will be processed in the order in which they are received. Be aware some responses may take one business day or more, depending on the nature of the advising request, or the volume of advising emails.
- If you need guidance on registration for summer or fall 2020 registration, create a course schedule (include first choice and second choice courses) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by an advisor. Please be very specific in your email about your questions or advising needs.
- If you are uncertain of what courses you need to register for, use Degree Works in Patriot Web. It is a "virtual advisor" that will show you what requirements are missing from your degree plan. See this guide for instructions on how to use Degree Works.
- Visit the Advising FAQs at the Economics department’s Undergraduate FAQs
- If you need to change your major to ECON, add a concentration, or declare an ECON minor, download the appropriate form from the Registrar’s website. Complete and sign the form, scan it, and email it as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Additional student forms are available at the College of Humanities & Social Sciences Policies and Procedures web page.
- Student campus support information is available at the Mason Care Network Resource List web page.
- Keep updated with campus announcements about Coronavirus/COVID-19 at Mason's Coronavirus Information page.