Students interested in the accelerated MA program should familiarize themselves with the degree requirements and application requirements (to the right). If you have questions about your eligibility, you should meet with the Graduate Coordinator.
These are the steps involved in the application process.
1. Obtain the undergraduate director's signature on Accelerated Master's Program Application. Include these documents with the application:
2. Obtain a letter of recommendation from a full-time economics faculty member. A list of the full-time faculty is available from the Faculty and Staff page of this web site.
3. Submit to the Economics Graduate Studies Office the completed Accelerated Master's Program Application signed by the undergraduate director and the materials listed above including the letter of recommendation.
4. Your application will be reviewed by the Economics Department and the Dean's Office. This may take up to 3-6 weeks.
5. When a decision has been made on your application, you will receive notification by email from the Graduate Admissions Office of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
6. If you are accepted into the accelerated master's program in economics, when you file the paperwork necessary to receive your undergraduate degree, you will need to complete a Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's Transition Form and include it with your graduation paperwork.